The Short Story is opening its doors to submissions from 15th March – 15th May 2017. Submissions sent before or after this date will not be read.
We are seeking approximately twenty exceptional short stories which will be published on our website across the year.
Our preference is for literary fiction, but we are open to other genres and styles as long as the characters are convincing and the plot compelling. Please read some of the short fiction on the site before submitting.
Selected writers will be offered £25.
There is no reading fee.
Chapbook publication may be offered to some of those selected, with further terms to be discussed.
Coming Soon: A Flood in the Yucatan, by Sean Lusk
PROOF COPY: TSS Chapbook Series, No. 1
Please read the details below before sending us your work.
- Submissions must be in English and between 2,000 and 4,000 words.
- Entries should be the sole creation of the author. We accept translations but only with the written consent from the original author.
- Entries should be 12pt, a regular font, and at least 1.5 spaced.
- Please put the title, word count, and author’s name on the first page. Please number the pages.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Entries must not have been previously published online or in print.
- Please submit as a Word Doc or DocX. We do not accept PDF files.
- Please include a short cover letter, with a third person biography, in the body of your email.
Please send your work as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will vary in length from a few days to a month, depending on how busy we are. If you have not heard from us within four weeks, please contact us.