Payment is made through PayPal.
If you have any problems submitting your short story, please email Miles (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please read through the Terms and Conditions carefully. Once you have done so, click ‘Buy Now’ and you will be directed to a PayPal page where you can complete the transaction.
After receiving a confirmation email from PayPal, please forward this email to us, attaching up to TWO short stories.
In the body of your email, please provide the following: Name & title of your short story / stories
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is international, but all entries must be written in English.
- The maximum word count (excluding title) is 3000.
- Entries should be written in a size 12, regular font, with lines at least 1.5 spaced.
- Please use proper indentation (not the tab button). A quick Google search will help you with this if necessary.
- Word count should appear on the top of the first page and page number should appear at the top of each page.
- Entries should be submitted as DOC, RTF, DOCx. No PDF please.
- There is no limit to the number of entries, though the fee must be paid for every two stories entered.
- Previous winners may submit again.
- Entries MUST be anonymous. Please do not put your name anywhere on your entries.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know if your entry is accepted elsewhere. Refunds cannot be granted.
- Entries must not have been previously published, either in print or anywhere online.
- TSS reserves the right to remove any story from the website.
- For the first, second, and third prize-winning short stories, TSS will retain exclusive, worldwide print and electronic publication rights for one year from the date of the winning results, after which all rights return to the author. For fourth and fifth winners, we retain electronic rights for one year from date of publication.
- To the best of your knowledge, all characters in your submitted story or stories are fictitious and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental
- Entrants must be at least sixteen years old.
- The decision of the judge is final.
- TSS reserves the right to change the terms and conditions, but will notify all entrants under such circumstances.
- Refunds are not possible.
A longlist will be announced on the website on 30th September 2016.
Those who are short-listed will be notified by email on 15th October 2016 and announced on the website on the same day.
Winners will be notified at the end of October, by email.